Hello. Meet iPpy McSkinny.
He is my iPod touch, and I love him so. Without iPpy, hundreds of exercise hours wouldn’t happen. I physically can’t make myself work out if I don’t have music blaring in my ears. I don’t know what’s up with that, but at the rate I’m going, not only will I be skinny, but I’ll be half deaf as well.
So, I spend HOURS upon hours cultivating the perfect workout playlist. It’s not easy, you know. Sometimes I’ll be out running (I never thought I’d type that sentence) and a song comes on, and I think, “Oh, no, this doesn’t work.” And I skip to the next song
And iPpy and I come home and I delete said song from the “gym” playlist. It’s an ongoing, process, really.
So, what songs HAVE made it onto (and survived on) the workout playlist? Read on, my friends.
- Big Bang – My Heaven, Last Farewell, Haru Haru
- G Dragon – *Breathe, Heartbreaker
- SS501 – *Deja Vu, Ur Man
- Lady Gaga – Poker Face
- Ke$ha – *Tik Tok (I kind of hate myself for writing this), Your Love Is My Drug
- Avril Lavigne ft. Lil’ Mama – Girlfriend
- Fergie – Glamorous
- Backstreet Boys (shame? I have none). Treat Me Right, I Still, Just Want You To Know
- Britney Spears – * every ding dang song with a beat.
- Gwen Stefani – Cool, What You Waiting For?
- Kelly Clarkson – *My Life Would Suck Without You, Since U Been Gone (and every remix ever, I think)
- Justin Timberlake – SexyBack (you really thought this wouldn’t make it?)
- Kevin Rudolf & Lil Wayne – Let It Rock
- Najoua Belyzel – * M (Hey Hey Hey)
- Taio Cruz ft. Ludacris – Break Your Heart
- Orianthi, – Shut Up And Kiss Me, According To You